Technorati search

Thursday, January 19, 2006

An Idea for Bookoholics: A Book Bar


If you haven't noticed one of our contributors is really into books. I recently added her eBay site on the right, because sometimes I am just concerned that books may be just overfilling her living space. She manages to keep her books at an acceptable level by offering them for sale. But I have know her just to give the books away. I imagine she donates as many books as she sells. Some of her books have even found a home at a local institute of higher learning.

We have read stories about about how some people take in cats, and dogs. Then, reach such a saturation point that they can not take care of the animals. Melissa does not have that problem her books are always well taken care of, and often find new homes.

Melissa is constantly working herself through stacks of books. They go through an interesting process, many reach her reading table, and since she has an affinty for children books many reach her children. And, in the continual process of getting, reading, giving, and selling: We do wonder how she manages all the books which can be as heavy as bricks.

So in deciding what to write this morning, and not finding what is out there of overwhelming interest to me. I thought I would suggest this idea of how to use some of the books that just haven't got their walking legs to move out. Here is a picture of a guy who made a bar out of books he salvaged (scroll down his page, it is kind of skewed). He offers a step by step process of how to make the bar. This could be a starting point for Melissa, turning some of her books into furniture. Do not think that I am being critical of Melissa, I myself am surrounded by books, wall to wall.

1 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Blogger B O B said...

Thank you for the comment, and I hope you don't mind that I used you as such an example in this post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home