Technorati search

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Sled Update


Well the kids and I have been out for the last hour trying to eek every bit of enjoyment we can out of this first snow. Yesterday I told you about my choosing a sled adventure.

Well I want to give you an update. First the name of the rolled up sled is called Wacky Karpet, available at Toys 'R Us and it was great fun yesterday and today and at the price of 4.99 you can't go wrong.

But the winner for today was the Steerable Dirigible! I cannot find you a link for this sled, so you best run, don't walk to Toys R Us!!! This sled rocks! I haven't had as much fun sledding since I was a kid! It worked perfectly on the shallow, icy snow this morning. My five year old daughter and I would sit on it with me holding the rope and leaning around the obstacles in our yard. This sled is fast, controllable and fun! My daughter and I were screaming all the way down the hill. It reminded me of my Western flyer except my head was in the front and it weighs almost nothing to pull up the hill (a definite plus for this almost 40 year old mom.)

One last caution: I meant to mention this in yesterday's post. It is recommended to wear helmets when sledding. Now growing up in a world where the only people who wore helmets were football players, I still am slow to remember all the great uses for helmets, so it had never occured to me to have my children put on helmets when sledding. But today the helmets were on...holding in our body head and protecting our precious noggins!

Have fun! And Bob, feel free to add that picture when blogger will let you! I didn't mean to take Blogger and Adelphia down with me...really!

2 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger B O B said...

Well I managed to add photos to both your posts. I really like the one I posted on the other sledding article.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Andi said...

At the university that I went to a few years back the tradition was to slide down a very steep hill on cafeteria trays. I tried it once and hit my head on the concrete at the bottom...if it hadn't been for the snow and luck, I would have been severely hurt...I will not try anything like that again (though I had fun). Helmets sound like a good idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home