Technorati search

Thursday, December 08, 2005

At Loose Ends: Knot Me


Growing up I was the master, I could tie any knot, in fact I loved knots. Being a product of a Navy man, and a boy scout knots were my friend. Give me a rope, and I could show you how to tie a bowline with one hand. Just in case you are ever hanging from a cliff and someone throws you a rope, that would be a great skill to have. It wasn't till I reached middle age that I realized I tied my shoes backwards and they always came untied.

So how do you learn to tie your shoes backwards? Well, I am left handed and was taught by a right handed father. Everything looks right but it is just looks that way. And soon it will come undone. I just thought that was the nature of shoe tying, that it comes undone. It wasn't til I was 45 that someone took the time to watch me tie my shoes to point out my mistake.

One of the biggest challenges I have ever faced was writing step by step directions on how to tie your shoes. If you don't think it is a challenge give it a try. If you don't end up with ten zillion steps that appears to be written by someone who has English as a poor second language you have really accomplished something.

If you are knot challenged like I was with shoe tying there is hope. There is a place that you can learn with ease how to tie many knots. And it won't eat up your time and leave you at loose ends. He has mastered the teaching technique, that is so simple anyone can learn. Care to give it a try, the site is here.

1 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Blogger B O B said...

Thanks for the comment MOM. Is'nt that quite a coincidence. I wonder how many other people go through life tying their shoes the wrong way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home