Technorati search

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Give that Mouse a Recording Contract!

That may very well be a headline in the near future. Turns out that a recent study has shown that mice sing! And apparently, their song rivals songbirds (when it is adjusted so that human beings can actually hear it.....just imagine, instead of having a lovely cermaic cardinal perched on your mantle singing lovely bird songs, you could have a sweet mouse instead:)

Seriously though, the scientists are very excited about this as it can actually help with study of the human brain and can help work with autism.

Personally, I am thinking this explains a recent visitor we had. My son has two male mice as pets (why we keep a pest as a pet, I am not sure I can explain). Anyway...a month or so ago, we discovered a third mouse in the cage. Now while we did not do a gender check, I am wondering if she was a female being serenaded by the males in the cage. We finally were able to ...um...send her on her way (don't want the animal rights activists coming after me, so must be careful here though, but our visitor was roaming about our house and leaving little 'presents' wherever she wandered). Anyway, I am intrigued to think that our pet mice could be sending out mating calls to other mice that might wander in... I really wanted him to get a hamster!

1 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger D L Ennis said...

You say the female could get in but the males couldn't get out? She must be Mini Mouse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home