Technorati search

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

A New Blog on the Block: Go Google Video


There are advantages with broadband, once you get over the monthly cost. One is the ability to watch streaming video and have almost instantaneous uploads.

Videos on the internet, can run from informative directions, learning tools, documentaries, and some that have content that can be offensive.

Rarely, do I use my time watching, they can be time eaters. And, we are trying to get a blog out, which eats my time like a raging pac man.

When I did languish, in watching videos one of my favorite sites was viral videos and ads. Why I liked them was that I could always find something that made me laugh. You could find commercials from around the world. And to be honest, the rest of the world, knows how to give you a belly laugh, when plain old commercials here in America are pretty bland in comparison. Viral also gave you a good zip download, that you could mail to a friend.



Then comes Google Video Blog, last night I was stumbling along the internet and just happened across it. I watched the first movie offered and was taken across the United States on a high speed chase. I looked at the time this video would eat, and I decided well, I can just look for a bit.

Problem was, though this was made mostly with handheld video cams, it grabbed my attention and would not let loose.

There are some profanities here, so I would not recommend it for children. But if you are game it is about the Gumball 3000, a race of 165 cars, from every state and many foreign countries, that started out in New York and ended in LA.

Hold on to your seat, cars that cost over a million and half dollars, defied police, raced between trucks, and some of the contestants got tickets for going 185 miles an hour. Many of the contestants also ended up in jail. I am just glad I wasn't on the road near them.

If you see me driving around town, you perhaps know me as the guy you wish you never got behind. Very little traffic moves slower than me except for the occasional tractor or backhoe.

In this video even a slow poker like me, could live a little on the wild side.

Photo credits: Screen shots from the video found on Google Blog.

2 Comments:

At 9:35 PM, Blogger D L Ennis said...

That must be wild to watch Bob! I have dial-up so that leaves me out.

D L

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger B O B said...

Thanks for the comment DL, when I had dial up viral worked pretty good for downloads of their commericals. You might enjoy them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home