Technorati search

Friday, September 30, 2005

Study: Preschool Kids Drive Flu Epidemics

...and this is news to whom exactly? Do you ever sometimes read an article, particularly about this study or that study and think...gee, they paid someone to do a study about that? Heck, I thought that was common knowledge.



Well this story is one such article. Funny, I knew this years ago. When my two oldest children were young and in school, every cold/flu/infection that we got in our house, came from them first.



Parents speak of their children building up their immunities in the first few years of school and how it gets better. Well, that may be true, but I would add that once my oldest graduated from high school, the sickness level in our household dropped even more. He often didn't get sick himself...but seemed to bring germs home for the rest of us to enjoy.



So for those of us with children who already knew this information, sit back and have a chuckle and wonder why they don't spend time on a study that would give us the answers we don't already know the answer to (like why some kids love vegetables and others don't).

1 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exactly. Man it drives me crazy when I see these studies that, in the end, state the incredibly obvious.
Great post M!

D L

 

Post a Comment

<< Home