Technorati search

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

News From the bat Cave

I thought I would write and let everybody know what's going on with me lately. As you might know, I am a web pogrammer and an inventor, so I spend a lot of time programming and doing Intellectual Property stuff. I don't know about you, but it always seems to me like working with technical documents takes too much time! I would rather be fishing. But I would also like to eat, so I can't complain.

I've been busy putting the finishing touches on the first batBack FAQ. For those of you who don't know what my program batBack is, you might want to pop over there and take a look.

I've also redesigned the sign-up page. While some folks like yellow (and I am not pointing out Melissa in any way here) other people thought the color was a little harsh. So now I have a new "corporate" look. I plan on updating the other pages later this week. Any comments are appreciated.

I'm also busy planning version 2.0 of batBack, which will offer more little gizmos like the Sidebar. What kinds of toys do you guys like to see on blogs? I know Melissa has all sorts of stuff over on her blog, and Bob has a bunch of stuff here too. Does any of this make a difference? Does anybody ever really play hangman or pay attention to the world locations that are viewing us here? Or is it just eye candy -- something that makes the blog look better but doesn't attract people? I'd like to know, since if there are toys that seem to help bloggers out I'd probably want to include them in the next version.

2 Comments:

At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like something that is more obvious to tell whether viewers like an article or not. Maybe like a big frowny face or something.

Also it would be nice to know how many people voted.

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Daniel Markham said...

Thanks for the comment, anonymous.

I have went back and forth on what to show the users. At first I thought about big smiley and frowny face kind of things, but I didn't want bloggers to be upset if people had negative comments and they had big frowny faces on their articles. So I decided on something small and out of the way.

Lately, however, I've been concerned that it is so out of the way that people might not even notice it -- which is just the opposite problem! Perhaps in version 2.0 I'll let bloggers choose either the little gray bar or a bigger, easier thing to read? That might do the trick for both camps. Or better still, I'll let the READER pick which they like and all the batBack blogs they visit will display that way for them. That's some good feedback!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home