Lynchburg Council Candidate Jason Campbell's Survey Results
Jason Campbell recently did a survey of what the residents in the Lynchburg area want. While this survey is by no means scientific, it does provide some interesting insights.
There is a clear message the residents of Lynchburg are saying "Reduce my Taxes." This should not be a strange message to City Council they had done their own survey, and did not heed this message in the past. You can find the full City Survey here. And you can find a condensed form here. The City promptly disregarded the study in its current planning and taxation. It was just another consultation the city paid for at your expense.
Jason Campbell has not lost sight of the residents of Lynchburg want. And he is making sure he staying in touch with the pulse of Lynchburg City residents.
Can we say the same for the current Lynchburg City Council?
Here are the results of the Jason Campbell survey from his website:
1. Do you live in Lynchburg City? (504)/Yes (368)/No
2. Do you feel you pay more than your share in TAXES to Lynchburg? (456)/Yes (225)/No
3. Do we really have a traffic concern on Wards Road? (540)/Yes (229)/No
4. If you could eliminate the TRASH TAX or MEALS TAX what would you do? (298)/Trash Tax (378)/Meals Tax
5. Do you believe that Mayor Hutchinson should resign? (498)/Yes (135)/No
6. Would you support the election of school board members rather than having them appointed? (453)/Yes(268)/No
7. Do you support uniforms in Lynchburg public schools? (272)/Yes (319)/No
8. Do you support downtown revitalization? (401)/Yes(339)/No
9. Do you believe tax dollars should fund private development downtown? (113)/Yes(528)/No
10. Would you agree with a four year term limit for Lynchburg City Council? (397)/Yes (289)/No
11. Do you support the City spending $8,500.00 per year in the maintenance of the Langley Fountain? (161)/Yes(541)/No
12. Do you support a Car Decal Tax that you pay but never get a car decal? (97)/Yes(412)/No
13.Who are your THREE candidates you are going to vote May 2nd for City Council?
(# of votes)
(397) Jason Campbell
(394) Scott Garrett
(387) Chuck Gammon
(354) Edie Light
(262) Joan Foster
(258) Bert Dodson
(232) Joe Freeman
(198) Robert Bailey
(155) Rob Jarvis
(142) Nat Marshall
(112) James Coleman
(005) Anthony Howard
Note: A reader of this post has brought it to my attention that question: 11. Do you support the City spending $8,500.00 per year in the maintenance of the Langley Fountain? (161)/Yes(541)/No He pointed out in the original survey question the $8,500.00 was in error. To read more on the reason why go to the comments of this post.