Technorati search

Sunday, March 12, 2006

PowerPoint: The Thunder Ridge Experiment

I am relatively new to using PowerPoint. It is a medium though I find fascinating. And to be quite frank with you, I am still trying to figure the ins and outs of the software.

So far my novice efforts have yielded two creations:

The first one was an introduction to the batBack program that Daniel developed for bloggers. It was fun putting together, and I think it helped me learn about much of the mechanics of engineering a presentation.

Thanks to the revues of both Daniel and Melissa, I think I did a passable job.

My second project I devoted to Thunder Ridge. To me one of the most beautiful places in Virginia and I hope some of my photos did it justice. Those who travel the Blue Ridge Parkway know the beauty found there. And the view is stunning.

In my meager attempt to do it justice I present you with this effort and welcome your thoughts.

If you have PowerPoint I know you can view it easily, if not there is a free PowerPoint reader that is provided by Microsoft.

So if you would be kind enough to indulge in these amateur offerings, I would appreciate your feedback. I added sound to the Thunder Ridge presentation, but it may not be embedded in the files. I attempted to use a midi file instead of a wav. If you do not hear any sound let me know, and I will go back to the drawing board.

You may need a free PowerPoint reader from Microsoft to view the shows

Thunder Ridge: A visit to the top of the world

And my other effort

The batBack Presentation

3 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger Andi said...

I liked the Thunder Ridge Pictures. My favorite qoute was the Emily Dickinson qoute.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger B O B said...

Thank you bluesbutterfly you are too kind.

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger B O B said...

Hi and thanks for the comments. I think you are refering to Onion Mountain Amy. a 360 degree look around at that overpass can be found here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home