Technorati search

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Surviving Holiday Parties

Yesterday my homeschool group had a holiday party. We are an inclusive group and we have members who celebrate Kwanzaa and Hanukkah as well as Christmas. Our party started off with a meal. My first big test on my new weight loss adventure.

First I volunteered to bring something that I could eat...a vegetable tray and oranges. Then I checked the menu and saw that turkey and chicken was on it. I packed my protein bar and shake and jug of water and I was ready to go. There were lots of good things there, sweet potato casserole, brownies, pies, etc. But on the way there, I had told myself that I didn't have to eat 'goodies' to enjoy myself and sure enough I didn't! I had a great time, I ate a plate of food that I am allowed on this diet and left feeling triumphant.

So my advice is go prepared, remind yourself that food doesn't make the occasion, friends do and enjoy the party!

1 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Blogger Andi said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home