Technorati search

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Science Meets Technology: Printing organs and skin

I have seen a lot of new inventions in my life time that have amazed me. The cell phone and fax machine are probably top of my list. It still amazes me that I can put a piece of paper in a machine here at my house and dial a number, push send and someone on the other side of the world can receive a copy of it in seconds.

Well, here is another invention coming down the pipe that takes my breath away. Printing organs and skin tissue. I don't pretend to understand how this works, but it easy to think of how this technology will change the world and our lives. Here are some articles that you can read and draw your own conclusions from.

Bacteria Makes Living Photograph

Ink-jet printing creates tubes of living tissue

Printing Organs on Demand

Lebkowsky's explanation (a blogger)...nice visuals and helped me understand how this works.

1 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds so very interesting I plan to explore it. Thanks MOM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home