Technorati search

Sunday, December 11, 2005

The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe


I never read the Chronicles of Narnia as a child. A couple of weeks ago, my 8 year old and I started reading it together in preparation for the upcoming movie which we all wanted to see. I kept hearing about the Christian symbology in it, so I was looking and I couldn't find it...that is until we reached Chapter 14. Then it hit me in the face. After I read about Aslan and what he did, I asked my son if that part of the story reminded him of anything ( I had not previously mentioned the religious connection to him). He immediately said: the story of Jesus. Having said that, if someone doesn't know the story of Jesus, the book is still a great read, will be very enjoyable and still teach a great life lesson about personal sacrifice. Now onto the movie...

Friday we arrived at the mall at 3:30. There was already a line up to get into the theater. We got our tickets (by the way Carmike is offering 4.00 a seat tickets for matinee shows between 4 and 5:30). Then we stood in line and were seated by 3:45. Once the movie started, we were entranced. The story of the movie followed the story of the book very closely. The special effects were wonderful and the 2 hours and 25 minutes sped by. This movie is going to be a classic movie that will last through the ages.

1 Comments:

At 12:46 AM, Blogger Andi said...

I am looking forward to seeing this...the one chance that I would get to soon I have to travel though....I will let you know what I think of it when I see it.
:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home