Technorati search

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Jurassic Park's Velociraptors: Truth About Their Technique

I love the movie Jurrasic Park. One of my favorite movie scenes is when the scientists get their first glimpse of the dinosaurs at the watering hole. The majesty of it, the thrill of the possibilities and the awesome score get me every time.

Some of my least favorite scenes involved the velociraptors. Sneaky, clever predatory creatures...I definitely didn't want to find them lurking in my backyard. So I read this article with interest from Animal Planet. Turns out that while they were ferocious killers, those long claws were not used quite the way they had been previously imagined. Kudos to the person who invented a mechanical velociraptor so we could learn more about this extinct creature.

2 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The animal planet article was great. Thanks

 
At 4:18 AM, Blogger Andi said...

I enjoyed reading this too.

The only downside:
The movie will not be the same now...my new knowledge will not make it believable in the same way.

I like reading Crichton's accounts of the dinosaurs. I also like to think what a different world this would be today if the dinosaurs had survived.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home