Technorati search

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Julian Beever: Not an Urban Legend

You know all of those emails we get from well meaning friends? The ones where if you forward it on you will get money from Bill Gates? Or the ones warning you of various types of impending doom? And then there are the ones where you read this really cool story and it attributes it to someone like Albert Einstein or Paul Harvey?

Well, I used to fall for about 90 percent of these stories. But over the years with help from my cynical husband and getting a feel for those email that seem too good to be true, I have become pretty good at spotting the hoaxes.

This morning I got an email from a friend that told me about an artist, Julian Beever, and had the most incredible pictures attached. According to the email I was sent, Julian is able to draw pictures on sidewalks that when viewed at a certain angle pop into 3D form! As I looked at these cool pictures, my little hoax alarm is going off, certain that this isn't possible. So I googled his name and low and behold, Julian is real and so is his artwork.

Check out his site for very nifty pictures. And if you are one of those who still believes all the bizarre emails that come through your mailbox, never fear...snopes is here!

2 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger B O B said...

Thanks Mom, I have been reading about him for awhile. What he does is amazing. One thing I found interesting about his art is the three D effect. But did you know that there was a catch to it? You have to view the picture at just right angle. If not his art looks like someone spilled paint on the sidewalk.

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger D L Ennis said...

What a talent…it is truly amazing!

D L

 

Post a Comment

<< Home