Technorati search

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

What is Wrong with this Picture?


What is wrong with this picture? The answer will be found at the end of this post.

Here is an email from one of our readers:

"Friday morning I was at City Hall to renew my trash can decal. I found a parking spot right in front of the building. When I tried to cross the street I was almost hit by two cars. I found the conduct of the two drivers less than friendly. It was like they were drag racing down Church Street. I know the City is looking at traffic calming measures for heavily traveled neighborhoods. But, if the driver don't obey the law in front of City Hall, will they elsewhere. I would love to hear input from other citizens."

Across the Lynchburg area the city is considering traffic calming measures. Something that we consider important now that school is back in session and many children are around the roads waiting for school buses. We have also noticed several areas that are presenting hazards to you and children.

One notable place is down by the Riverfront. Railroad tracks, although well marked run very close to Amazement Square. The trains do run slow there, but could they stop fast enough if they saw a child on the tracks.

If you drive down the riverfront towards Rock Ten you will come to a railroad crossing. Notice in the picture, the barrier is up and the warning lights are not working. The train is moving slowly toward Amazement Square.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home