Technorati search

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Lynchburg National Guard in New Orleans Finds Appreciation


There is a story circulating around the internet with video, that has presented some disturbing reporting about the National Guard in New Orleans. We could provide you the links, but if you want to find it you are on your own.

We would rather report this from Transmission and Distribution
about our own Lynchburg National Guard and the good service they are performing:

"Well, the cavalry has arrived and my ability to get surrounded by the wrong crowd has lessened considerably. I admit, I’ve seen some shady characters hanging around, driving around, looking for opportunity. But when federal and state law enforcement people arrived, the shady characters disappeared..."

"Anyway, I drove back to hear what these fine young men had to say. I found two men in uniform standing next to their Humvee I introduced myself. They responded, “I an SPC Mays. I am PFC Mason. We are the National Guard out of the Lynchburg, Virginia, 2nd/116 29th ID. We arrived the Thursday after the storm. Most of the residents feel much safer and are not as worried about people going into their homes. One man told us he was waking up in the middle of the night with a spotlight and shotgun, making sure no one would loot his property.”

Picture credit: Distribution and Transmission, Two fine Lynchburg Soldiers: SPC Mays and PFC Mason.

1 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Blogger B O B said...

Thank you Mom, you know I had a lot of reservations about posting the link to the negative story of the National Guard. Then suddenly while surfing I found this positive story about our own Lynchburg soldiers. It really became clear what to post. It was definely a case of good or evil, and this time good won.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home