Technorati search

Monday, May 08, 2006

Jewels of the Heart

Jewels of the Heart
by
Kathleen Melton Sihlanick

God's gifts to me would fill a book
Which I could not compose
For my mind could ne'er recall
All the gifts which he bestowed.

The things I take for granted
As if they belong to me
Are gifts from the Heavenly Father
Which I ofttimes fail to see.

The gift of life, a Mother's love,
The beauty of the land,
The rippling joys of friendship...
These are all at His command.

The gift of sight, and sound, and speech,
A son whom I adore...
And though I oft forget and oft complain
How could I ask for more.

The colors of the sky at dawn
The twinkle of a star
All...gifts from the Heavenly Father
And all spectacular!

But outshining all these wondrous things
Which puts my soul at rest
Is the knowledge He is standing by
To know I'm truly blessed.

The peace and comfort of His love
When my world falls apart
These things I could not part with
They are jewels of the heart!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home