Technorati search

Monday, April 17, 2006

Question of the Week: How do Gas Prices Affect You?

Today we live on the edge. Gasoline prices are rising and may reach levels higher than we saw last year. In order to combat the growing increase, I have made certain personal decisions like consolidating trips, making sure my tire pressure is correct, and keeping in mind where the locations are of the cheapest gas. While these are some of the measures that I take to reduce my gas consumption, I have also found it necessary to reduce costs in other aspects of my life.

For instance, if I go out I bring my own cooler for drinks and a lunch if I go out for a day trip. Drinks can cost a 1.25 at a store, but I can buy sodas by the case and it cost me 18 cents a piece. The cheapest sandwich at McDonalds is a dollar, but I can make my own sandwich that is better and it costs me about 20 cents. These may seem like small compromises, but they save a lot of money. (If you buy one soda a day at 1.25 you spend 37.50 per month, buying one soda at .18 per day you spend only 5.40 per month)

Now, my question is how is the gas crunch affecting you? With fuel taking a larger bite out of your personal budgets has this changed your spending habits and if so how? Perhaps I can learn something about how to save more.

1 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have an idea....let's attack Iran (you know the ones who are pursuing nuclear energy as guaranteed them by the Non Proliferation Treaty (you know, the one that Israel has NOT signed)). That will do wonders for gas prices.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home