Technorati search

Friday, February 10, 2006

Virginia General Assembly and The Shenandoah Mountain Salamander

The Shenandoah mountain salamander, has been brought before the Virginia General Assembly for naming as the state amphibian.

A group of eight graders and members of a 4-H club brought the proposal for consideration.

Then there was debate. Some of the Assembly members questioned if the salamander was native of Virginia. The question will be set aside perhaps til the Spring when the eight graders plan to present more evidence.

"It's not like it's over or anything," said 11-year-old Jordan Mueller.

Source: (Daily Press)


Last year the State Assembly made the Virginia State Long Eared Bat as the state Bat. Techorati picked that as my profile image. And since that picture is better looking than me, I went with it.

1 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Blogger B O B said...

Thanks Melissa if I used my real picture I would break everyones computer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home