Technorati search

Friday, January 13, 2006

Friday the 13th


Paraskevidekatriaphobia: This ten dollar word means fear of Friday the 13th.

David Emery a writer for About, has offered a long and interesting story that tackles the issue should you be afraid on Friday the 13th. This from his article:

"Though no one can say for sure when and why human beings first associated the number 13 with misfortune, the belief is assumed to be quite old and there exist any number of theories purporting to trace its origins to antiquity and beyond. "

Last night, I happened to be out walking in the woods in the Jefferson National Forest and the beauty of the moon was just asking to be captured. Luckily, I could hold my camera still enough to get a half way decent picture, little past midnight on the 13th.

Today, I am going to risk taking a venture out, even though the about article offers some reasons to hesitate. And I wish you luck in your travels during the day. Especially if you are in my oncoming lane.

2 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob,

A lovely photo, though you should be careful walking around the Jefferson National Forest at midnight!

The article you linked to was very interesting! Thanks for sharing it. My husband was married the first time on Friday the 13th...it did not go well for him and his first wife. Personally, I don't mind Friday the 13th and have had a fine day today ....knock on wood!

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger B O B said...

Thanks for the comment. Usually I don't know about Friday the 13th until it is done lol, and never give it a second thought. Walking at midnight in Jefferson National Forest is most likely a lot safer than walking on the streets of Lynchburg at midnight. I feel safer with the bears than most humans.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home