Technorati search

Friday, November 18, 2005

Harry Potter: The Goblet of Fire...Scores Big!


Well, my son and I watched the long awaited movie today and it was worth the wait. The movie was action packed, had great visual effects and stayed true to the story line. I thought this director did a good job, I liked Dumbledore much better in this movie than in the last one for instance. This is a movie you could watch two or three times at least just to see all that is going on onscreen.

The audience laughed (appropriately), applauded when Harry was victorious, and grew quiet with the difficult and tense ending. I do worry that if you haven't read the book you will not understand some of the underlying stuff going on as there was not time to go into it in depth. But the action was great, the major points were covered and our only complaint was that it was over too soon. We were ready to see it again as soon as the lights went up.

2 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger D L Ennis said...

Early yesterday morning I was standing in line, at a Lynchburg theater, in freezing temperatures to get tickets so my wife and I could go to the 7:00 pm movie. It was a good movie but if my wife wasn’t such a big fan I would not have been there. I wish the Lynchburg theaters would sell advance tickets online like theaters in other cities do, I like the Harry Potter movies but I am not big on the early morning freezing lines that you have to stand in. But watching the fun that the children there were having made it worth it...they were great!

D L

 
At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have only seen one Harry Potter movie and have not read the books. From everyones excitement I must be missing alot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home