Technorati search

Friday, October 07, 2005

Blue Ridge Mountains: Through the Fog


Usually, when I take off from Lynchburg, I end up on a road trip, and my favorite drive is the Blue Ridge Parkway. You never know what you might see. I have seen bears, deer, turtles, hikers, horse riders, and some tourists that would defy description.

Then yesterday, I took a trip on a cloudy raining misty day. And I was amazed what I could not see. The fog was so thick that I could barely see in front of me. I drove with my heart in my throat, thinking yes indeed this is a place to avoid when the curtain of clouds engulf the mountains. But still I enjoyed myself puttering along at ten to fifteen miles an hour seeing the spooky sites which reminded of some enchanted forest.

But we should all not forget, this is a dangerous road to transverse when the fog rolls in.

4 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

An enchanted forest describes it well Bob. Great photo...It reminds me of Eliot Porter's photography.

G B

 
At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the early 80's, I was a Police Officer for the City of Waynesboro. I lived right off the parkway on Rt 664, near Sherando Lake. I had a panaramic wiew of the PKWY from my living room and I loved it. I spent so much time on the PKWY, that the Rangers kidded me about making me an honorary Ranger. I had a tremendous crush on one of the female Rangers and used to spend a lot of time talking to her, hoping that this beautiful 33 yr old Nordic looking princess would somehow be attracted to a young 23 yr old skinny kid. No such luck, lol. I still love the PKWY and I still spend a lot of time there. I think it gets in your blood.

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo. I love the parkway. It has been a place I have escaped to for peace and quite, a place to renew my spirit.

Thank you.

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger B O B said...

Thank you for your comments, I am easily entertained, some may go out to bars, and other adventures that cost money. I prefer some of the more simpler things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home