Technorati search

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

HUH?

Sometimes I read articles and I shake my head and say 'huh?' because I don't quite understand. If I am reading this right the pollutants created by aerosol use blocked the sun's rays and kept our part of the world from feeling the effects of the greenhouse gases (which are warming up the temperatures at the surface).



However, aersol pollutants are short-lived and are only in the atmosphere for a short time. So as we have cleaned up our act, the air has become clearer and now more sun is coming through. So the planet is getting warmer in our neck of the woods and viola! We have more hurricanes!



Last year I saw signs that accused George Bush of being responsible for Hurricane Katrina. Since I am pretty sure George doesn't control the weather, I found this to be a bit ludicrous. Now, however, I may have to change my position. Not that I would lay the blame at the President's feet, but who was it that came up with the idea to ban aersols? Obviously their long term plan was to increase the severity and number of hurricanes! And to make it so warm, that snowfalls decreased! I want their name and number because they have some 'splainin' to do!

1 Comments:

At 11:40 PM, Blogger Daniel Markham said...

Thanks Larry.

I get my fix of political discussion on the Winds Of Change blog. It's a tough crowd, and not for the light-hearted! (but it has opposing views defended regularly, which is nice)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home