Technorati search

Friday, October 28, 2005

The Dangers of Being a Woman in Juárez

Somewhere south of here, and down a little farther to Texas, is a blogger that has dedicated much of his writing to missing children and women. I first met Steve when I was covering The Behl disappearance and subsequent murder. It has not been called that officially, but the Richmond police are building a leak proof case, and we are certain, there will be an indictment for murder.

Steve is very intent on making people aware of predators. He has been covering a disturbing events in Juárez. The extent of what has happened there, has been glossed over by the media, but it is serious, sad, and a sick situation, that needs attention. And, what is happening should not be swept under the rug.

Listen to what Steve writes:

"María is one of the lucky ones, with over 400 women murdered in Juárez they had to
create a word for this called femicide. "

Steve wants the world to look toward Juárez, perhaps with attention, more efforts will be made to solve this tragic catastrophe. So please, take a look at his post. What is happening in Juárez should not exist in our world.

4 Comments:

At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice words! I did go see the movie today and I will be writing my followup piece tomorrow. I was bombarded with over 100 emails this evening when I returned and none of them were spam so I have been busy.

I only have three blogs that I have bookmarked and your is one of them so Kudos there on the great writing.

This Juárez series should get interest in the next couple of parts. I have been to Juárez a few times and several other border towns including living and working in Matamoros for five years.

Steve

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger B O B said...

Steve keep me posted. What you are writing is signifcant, and needs attention. We will continue to ask people to see your posts.

Thanks

 
At 1:28 AM, Blogger D L Ennis said...

This is indeed a very disturbing situation and Steve is doing a fine job covering it! Thanks, Steve and Bob.

 
At 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks d.l. and Bob

I have finished part two and it very well may exceed my original guess of being a five part series.

http://nvfc.us/blog/?p=49



Steve

 

Post a Comment

<< Home