Technorati search

Friday, March 31, 2006

If you were a PR Person for Islam how would you go about improving the image of Islam in the West?: The Results

Our Question of the Week was if you were a PR Person for Islam how would you go about improving the image of Islam in the West?

Now, this was a hard question and we did not got get many responses. But here is what people said:

At 1:05 PM, AS said...

Another awesome question...Whoever does it... I hope it isn't the same people that are doing PR for Christianity... I will have to say... religion, as we know it, is becoming more and more disappointing every day...I am a follower of Christ, but sometimes I have to excuse myself from being labeled a Christian. A inspired man called James once said:Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, [and] to keep himself unspotted from the world.

At 4:28 PM, Melissa O. Markham said...

I think if Muslims want a better image, their actions are going to have to show it. If they don't agree with those Muslims who are beheading people and blowing people up, then they need to publicly renounce them and do their best to bring them to justice. Much like they did in Jordan a few months ago. As long as they sit quietly by, the only voice we will hear is the voice of madmen.
At 4:29 PM, B O B said...

Thanks AS, I think that this is a difficult question to be answered. And, I doubt that many will take up the banner to try. It is a serious question though, and I am curious if anyone will tackle this issue.

We did ask one person from Saudi Arabia if he would like to reply to this discussion. I told him this would be a great opportunity to help us in the West understand the positive nature of Islam. He failed to respond, although he has posted comments here before. He does have an interesting blog , and website. But, I wonder if he is careful, because of the "religious police."

To me the nature of Islam is a mixed bag, in the coming weeks you will be seeing posts that shows from my view point some of the good of Islam and some of the bad.

1 Comments:

At 4:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel better then I have in Years.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home