Technorati search

Monday, February 27, 2006

Yesterday's Hopes and Katrina's Kloset



I have been selling on Ebay as a way to make extra money off and on for three years now. I love doing it, though I am not getting rich, but it does give me an excuse to browse bookstores. Unfortunately my "to read pile" has about 100 books in it right now...but that's another story;)

Anyway, the name of my store is Yesterday's Hopes, should you ever want to stop by. I am currently running a sale on anything listed under Children's Books or Homeschool books on my website. Buy two, get one free plus reduced shipping on the second two items.

Well, my son and daughter have watched my entreprenurial efforts and they enjoy playing store here in our house. Soooo, last Friday when I was out on a book hunt, Katrina asked if she could spend her allowance and buy some books to sell on Ebay.

Now I will admit that my first thought was...on no...more competition! But I quickly squelched that and said sure and gave her the children's book section as her area. Well she picked out five very nice books (with a little guidance from me) and then we spent part of Saturday choosing what her auction pages would look like and creating a page for her at my Ebay store. So Katrina's Kloset is now open and ready for business and Katrina is very excited:)

So grab a cup of coffee and take a browse when you have a minute or two. We are always happy to have people stop by:)

2 Comments:

At 4:38 PM, Blogger Andi said...

That is neat...I hope that your daughter has fun. Of course,it is also a good educational experience.

I have been trying to put together an e-bay store/stores but I am very timid about this sort of thing. Is there a cost associated with it & is the cost ongoing???

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger B O B said...

I think that is great that Katrina is taking an active interest in doing an online enterprise. It beats lemonade stands.

There is a lot she will be able to learn from this experience.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home