Technorati search

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Advice for Bloggers: Our Secret Exposed

Its just a thing. I know that sounds odd, but that's what I think about our blog. We have had relatively a good deal of success with our blog, and it continues to grow, like a well watered plant.

You can find advice all over the internet on how to grow a successful blog. Well, I'm going to let you in on our secrets. We bend things up and turn them around. We generally do the opposite of what others advise. We are like the contrary child, that always gets in trouble, but never getting spanked. But we have learned to be a polite child, if we learn something we share it with other bloggers. Sometimes the favor is returned, sometimes not. But we just enjoy giving so much it doesn't matter.

We have read advice to have a niche, I believe that is some kind of corner you put yourself in, and you hope for a certain audience. Well at first we put ourselves in a niche, hence the name Lynchburg Virginia. But that niche had an itch and we keep scratching our way out of the corner. I don't know how it happened, but it just did.

There is 21 million blogs that technorati ranks. We have scratched ourselves up the ranking ladder, we now rate 105 thousand something. And only being here since mid June that was something that we just didn't suspect. Now, we are wondering if we can keep this blog on the track to reach the top 10,000. Well, this is just a thing too. What we really enjoy, is giving you interesting content. I think that may be our niche now, but I am not sure.

Search engines have been kind to us. I am not exactly sure, some I hear pay for placement. We just try to write good and see how it ends up, when those spidery engines eats us up. So far, keeping our fingers crossed, we have been doing things counterintuitively right.

We have also been trying to explode here, we have been over filling balloons just waiting for them to pop. Have you been to our different pages? We have taken the direction that we will try anything. But I want to tell you more of a secret, we don't follow directions very well. We are more likely to take a left turn when we should have gone right.

Now, if I was just to give one hint on how to make a blog grow, its people. So far we have five people that work on this blog. We may even entertain the idea of new contributors. We quite never know what we are going to do next. But if I were to put one quality, that is causing this blogs success its the people. We just try to treat each other, and you our readers right.

4 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Blogger Andi said...

Keep up the good work. I do the same thing with my blog...I just write wherever my interests lead me and try to make it unique.

I really enjoy reading your blog.

:-)

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger B O B said...

Thank you for your comment, I enjoy your blog also, you always make me think.

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I DO miss the days when the Lynchburg Virginia Blog was about Lynchburg. It seems more and more content is drifting away....
--Saddened

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger B O B said...

Thank you for your comment anonymous. I think that we have drifted away from local news, and we should think about more local news content. I am talking to our contributors, to see if we can improve our local content.

Thanks again for your comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home