Technorati search

Friday, August 19, 2005

Homeschooling: Get the Facts

As a homeschooler, I often have to field questions from friends, family, and strangers about what I am doing and why. I am truly blessed to be able to spend this precious time with my children and it is a joy to see them wanting to learn and helping to guide them in this process.

Homeschooling really isn't that new of a concept, rather it is an old concept revisited. The first public school in America was founded in 1635 in Boston and before that children were taught at home by their parents or by tutors. Even after public schools were built, many children were still taught at home, Abraham Lincoln and Thomas Edison are just a couple that come to mind immediately.

Homeschooling is becoming more prevalent and the numbers are rising. Still the questions and doubts and criticisms come. Here are some great answers to help out people who are homeschooling and people who are thinking of homeschooling.

If you have questions for me regarding homeschooling, I will be glad to try and answer them or at least point you in the right direction!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home