Technorati search

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Internet Explorer 7 Beta: A Vast Improvement

Yesterday, I downloaded the the new Internet Explorer 7 beta. I am impressed. The best part is that pages are loading remarkably fast. Previous sites, like the News and Advance which have pop ups in the background, had loaded slowly, while my pop up program dealt with them. Now, the sites load fast with no pop ups to be found.

The favorites bar is vastly improved, with a separate section for RSS feeds. Previously, I had found RSS feeds cumbersome to use, but with the new format on the favorite bar, they are easy to access and interface well with the new Internet Explorer.

The display of web pages are greatly enhanced. Text appears easier to read, and pdf files which were often a bugger for me to read appear clearer, and once you hide the favorites bar you can zip through reading through them with ease.

The tabbing that happens at the top of the explorer, makes it easy to see where you have been, other functions with the tabbing include is a thumb nail view of the pages you want and you can speedily re-find things that you may have surfed and return to them.

One excellent feature of the favorite bar, is an arrow that occurs when you run your mouse over the selection. Click the arrow, and the item or the folder will be transferred to the tabbing bar for easy access. Previously, I had kept my favorites always visible, now more often than not I find there is no need to do this.

On the whole, I am well pleased I made this change. I am still learning about all the new features, but the learning curve is like a slight slope easy to climb. Easy instructions you find around every corner, and as I explore the explorer more, the more I am pleased.

To check this out for yourself go here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home