Technorati search

Friday, September 23, 2005

Sinking New Orleans...flooding again

I know that New Orleans is a long way from Lynchburg, but it will be our tax dollars and efforts helping to rebuild it, so I think we all have an interest in the city. As I watch the waters rise again in New Orleans, I can't help but wonder at the whole rebuilding process. I certainly hope that people don't rush in to rebuild without thinking this through.

It is not that I don't want New Orleans to be rebuilt, but I want us to look at the process and see if we can do it better, if we can create a safer city. Today I found this very good video on the National Geographic website that explains the flooding of New Orleans was as much a man-made disaster as it was a natural disaster. Check out the video. I would be interested in your thoughts as to how we tackle this problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home