Technorati search

Friday, August 26, 2005

Ok, I'm the Police: Who are you?

If you look through the cases coming up for court, one thing you will begin to notice is there seems to be an increasing trend, of identity theft, fake idenity, making a false identity, and etc.

It appears that many of the individuals who are entering the sphere of identity misrepresentation, have many motives from credit card fraud, passing bad checks, and just trying to find a way they can drive a car, because they used up their real name with violations.

In the world of blogs in Virginia, you find many who obscure their real identity with aliases. While my name is my real name, Bob, I really do not go further in saying who I am. There are some who know who I am, exactly. And there are many in Virginia who blog under another identity from judges to lawyers, to Indian Chiefs. No I'm not kidding about Indian Chiefs.

Several in our local media, have asked to do stories on Lynchburg Virginia Blog, but when I cautiously said, I do not want to publicly expose who I am, that puts a damper on the whole affair.

There was one person, from our local press, who wanted "to ask questions," about Lynchburg Virginia Blog. Well soon after that request, I slammed that news source for an opinion article it posted. It was not my fault, they painted a bull eyes on their broadside, and I fired away. Well maybe it was my fault, but I just couldn't resist their off the wall position. I did agree to answer questions, but after that, they shied away much like a hurt puppy.

There are reasons why I do not say who I am. I have posted things, although true, would place a target on me. I shy away from real bullets. I really don't need any more holes in my body.

So why the heck am I telling you this? Well, do you want to know what your responsibilities are with presenting your identity, to police and others? Do you need to carry identification all the time? Some of these questions are answered by a story in the Roanoke Times.

2 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, Blogger Lynchburg Area VA said...

It is actually best that you don't reveal your identify on your blog. That way you avoid hearing nonsense like "your trying to scoop the news" or "you're a loose canon" or you're seeking publicity or whatever else simple minds conjure up.

In my situation, it was fairly clear who I was without listing my name on the blog. So I've now removed my name and in its place put "You know who, if not simply ask"

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger B O B said...

Thank you for your comments. I have been gone most of the day hunting down a story, I plan on posting September 11. Xwife, I will be sure to look at the site you recommned. It sounds interesting.

And hi to Lburg, using this instead of your real name. I appreciate your comments, yes I have seen all those comments, and both of us have at times beat the press to publication, or offered stories that would have gone unreported. You have been particularly good at that.

And having read your blog a long time, I know what you write is what you sincerely believe. And I have seen you stand up and take the flak. I value your judgement. And I know through many of your efforts, you have made positive changes in our community.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home